Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fearless

Chloe had her first roller coaster ride today! She spent the night with her Grandma Karen last night and I drove up this morning to pick her up. On the way I heard on ad on the radio that Yellowstone Bear World was 1/2 half today and if you came today you got a 50% off pass for the whole 08 season. So Chloe and I went with her grandma and uncle. We drove through the wildlife park and had moose, deer and buffalo come up to the car. Chloe was absolutely loving it. Then we got into the Bear Section. Wow! Those bears come right up to the car too! (Except the Grizzlies they are behind an electric fence) The black and brown bears though come up and sniff at the window. It was fun.

After you drive the park there are free amusement rides for the kids and a petting zoo. Chloe loved it. The first ride she went on was the type that takes you up and drops you down. I rode the seat next to her and she just squealed with laughter the whole time. (For an adult it was barely noticeable of a drop). The next ride was the roller coaster. It only had one tiny hill, but that was enough for her, she grinned the whole time. After that was the car ride that takes you around in a circle and then bounces you up and down a few times. That was her favorite. Her little bum would fly off the seat a little bit each time. By the end of the hour that we were there she was even putting her hands in the air on the roller coaster and the drop ride.

I didn't have my camera because it was a spur of the moment decision to go, but Karen had a disposable camera so as soon as prints are back I will post them.

Chloe got to feed chickens and pet a pot belly pig, and she also got to feed a deer and feel his new antlers coming in. The deer liked her so much he decided to eat her fingers...she giggled.

There were also 2 baby cubs about 4 months old that were romping around in their pen. For an extra $10 we could have fed them, but it wasn't really worth that. Chloe did try to climb in the pen to play with them though.

It's been a fun Saturday and I can't wait to get the pictures back!

Love to all!

No comments: