So we had the custody hearing today. The judge granted the continuance. Which is what i expected because it is the just and fair thing to do. Of course I hoped for better. The other things that were decided:
1. The case will go to a full trial on February 2, 2009. Hopefully the case will be decided that day. If not, it will continue on February 9. The judge told the attorneys to clear their schedules if they had prior commitments, because he wanted this case done.
2. We have to go ahead and start using a parenting coordinator. We had previously agreed to one, but Wes' new attorney can object, but the judge wants the process going. We have 2 weeks to do that.
3. Chloe needs to get started in her therapy. I have to contact the court child welfare specialist by Monday afternoon for her reccommendations for a counselor. I then have to have her notify both attorney's so we can decide on one.
4. I asked for an extension of my Christmas visit with Chloe so that she can spend more time with her cousins from VA. Wes objected to this because they already had plans. However the judge felt my request was reasonable and granted it. Wes threw his pen on the table, and then his attorney asked the court if he could make up for custodial time by picking her up early. The judge told him no. Wes began to interrupt the judge (stupid i know) and the judge asked him if he wanted to spend Christmas in jail. He then proceeded to tell Wes that the entire blame for this case taking so long his on his shoulders and the loss of custodial time should be a lesson learned.
So that is where we are. February 2 will probably come fast. I now have to figure out how to pay for it! Donations are welcome! :D
Have Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
1 comment:
That sounds unbearably stressful. I'll keep the prayers coming! :)
Post a Comment